There are so many programming languages out there, you can get dizzy by their names. Even so, there are a few which top them all.
GitHub is the place where millions of developers all over the world go to every day. The platform has an annual report each October which gives insight on what these developers use and talk about the most.
So, now we have the most popular programming languages of 2018
10. Ruby – Popular services like Twitch, SoundCloud, Hulu, Zendesk and Square were made with Ruby on Rails. GitHub itself also can say the same.
9. C – It’s older than a lot of today’s devs, but it’s still one of the best. It’s no surprise it’s still in the top 10.
8. Shell scripts – one of system administrators’ old loved ones.
6. C# – It’s still sharp you c… (we couldn’t help it, sorry).
5. C++ – The C family is very alive and very strong with yet another member in the top 10. And it’s not going anywhere anytime soon.
4. PHP – where would today’s Web be withouth PHP? It’s difficult to imagine, despite all of its flaws.
3. Python – it’s gaining popularity quite fast nad squeezes out the competition.
2. Java – It’s old, stable, reliable. It’s the “blood” of many services and applications.